Got hit on testis. Noticed swelling in testis, swollen veins on scrotum. Will it affect fertility?

6 years ago I got hit on my testes in a cricket match it causes swelling in my left testis. Few days later it became normal without any medicine. But in coming months I felt some swelled veins in my scrotum . I visited a surgeon next year and come to know that it is varicocel. The surgeon performed a small surgery to rectify the problem. For initial few days there was swelling in the left testis but gradually it reduces to even smaller than the right testis. My doctor told me that it will be normal with the course of time. Today even after 5 years of surgery my left testis is very small or shrinked. My sex life is good with proper erection and discharge . What will be the remedy and will it hamper my fertility if I will carry it as it is?
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013