Got dirrhoea, waht can i do now he gets very hungry?

hi my son is 15 months ,he got dirrhoea since last saturday its quite bad he had dirrihoea in 5 hours over 30times been to walk in center they checked him everyting was fine and they send me home with dioralyte sachets which i am giveing him since than,he is fine taking tham but when i saw he wasnt doing any more wateri toilet i start giving him some soft rice as soon he ate it comes out in 5 min very watery,waht can i do now he gets very hungry aswell what food shall i give him, please if can give me some information thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 31 May 2011
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response

in acute infective diarrhoea there is transient deficiency of certain enzymes required for digestion. dont get worried, cont. dioralyte / ors about 100ml for each purge of stool and you can offer barley, soyamilk and khhichdi / soft rice with green gram dhal/lentils.

intoduce food in small amount and gradually increase.
you can give curd rice also