Got bumps after sex. Is it yeast infection or something else?

Hi I been having discharge for a week and a half and a couple days ago my boyfriend of three years, we had sex and my skin was rubbing on his and after I found 2 bumps the next day it was a little more white bumps can this be a yeast infection herpes or warts.. I fit tested last month and i didn't have anything and my boyfriend got tested a couple weeks ago and he didn't have anything.. Also i was the only one who got bumps after sex and he was cleared.. What's the difference between a yeast infection or, herpes our warts
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response
Hi Chris,
The diseases you mentioned in your query are all sexually transmitted diseases.
Yeast infection or candidiasis is afungal infection which is associated with thick, white curdy discharge and could be foul smelling
Herpes infection is a viral infection which presents as fluid filled blebs,which are painful and itchy. These vesicles or blebs break to form small ulcers which heal leaving no scar
Warts are also caused by a virus called human papilloma virus and usually do not have any symptoms
I hope I have sufficiently differenciated the different infections you had doubts about.
I appreciate the fact that both you and your partner had a STD screen test.