Got bitten by a dog, taken shots on day0, day1. 3rd shot given in the hips. Effective?

Hi! I got bitten by a dog just above the knee , teeth punctures caused blood to come. The wound was washed within 15 mins of the bite but not too well. Tetnus shot given, 0 day shot of Rabivax given at the same time. Day 3 shot also given. (Both these shots given in the upper arm muscle. However, Day 7 shot given today in the buttock for no apparant reason. In between within about 40 hours of the dog bite HRIG Serum was also given. I would be taking the Day 14 & Day 28 shots also. My question is, the Day 3 shot that has been given may not be affective due to fat in the buttocks area compared to the arm. Will it be ok if take additional dose in the upper arm today itself? I am quite worried as it was a stray dog & do not know of his condition. Can there be any drug overuse reaction? Or should I just take the balance days shots as per schedule & augument it further by thaking the shot on Day 90? Please help
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
The first three vaccine shots are very crucial. Then the next two doses can be given with variation of two to three days of due date. But as your third dose was given in gluteal region, it could be considered as ineffective.
I would suggest repeat of third dose as soon as possible and finishing the others on their due dates.