Got beaten up, severe puches on head, hurts, swelling. What kind of injury can be formed?

Someone in my family got beaten up really bad. She is a 52 yr old female. This happened over a month ago. She got several severe punches on her head apart from other parts of the body. The next few days, she got a swelling on her head that hurt. Now, she has been complaining of constant severe headaches since a month every time she bows her head down while bending. I think it mainly hurt between her ears. Can you tell me what kind of injury she may have suffered and what should she do now.
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013