Got an injection. Unable to move arm. Burning sensation. Why?

The other day the doctor tried to take a blood sample from the bend in my arm and when he put the needle in there was an extream amount of pain like an electric shock, and my arm went numb all the way down to my hand and anyway now I can't move or bend my arm without feeling like shock waves throughout my wrist and hands. It also leaves a very painfull feeling after like a burning feeling can you please tell me what has happened to my arm?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013