Got a skin disease. Found localized pustular psoriasis. Should I be worried about the findings?

Hello Sir,
My mother recently got a skin disease and after two weeks when we consulted the doctor we got to know it was Localized Pustular Psoriasis.She has been suffering from it from last one month.She is affected in palms and little bit in feet.But feet and other parts of body are healed except palms.She has got cracks and hard shell around palms.She is using some medicines prescribed by doctor and creams like aloevera,body butter cream and other moisturizing creams and oils(coconut oil).
Please suggest when will she recover and will this problem remain life long and any other precaution we should take so that in future this wont come again.
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013