Got Mirena removed, ultrasound shows 5 follicles on each ovary. Side effects of Mirena?

I just had my mirena removed after 4 yrs. I was having associated pain with it as it was nearly embedded so it was removed surgically and a D&C was performed. We are planning a baby now and I was reading about women getting pregnant with multiples post mirena. A lot of which have no family hx of twins. I was wondering if there is a connection. I now just had an ultrasound and it was noted that I have 5+ follicles on each ovary . I didn t know if maybe due to the hormone in mirena, could it be suppressing the ovaries and once the hormone is out of the equation, the ovaries go into overdrive to compensate and release multiple eggs? I really couldn t find any scientific research on this or scholar articles. Could it be due to mirena removal or just maybe an age factor for women over 35. However, most who conceived multiples after mirena were in their 20s without family hx. I am 27.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  53 Awaiting Answer