Goose egg developed after forehead hitting the pool. Applied ice pack, area swollen. Medical advice required?

My 6 year old daughter hit her forehead on the side of a pool yesterday while diving in. She developed a goose egg immediately. We iced the area several times throughout the afternoon and now the goose egg has gone down but the area is still swollen and it appears to have spread wider than the original swollen spot. It is tender and feels mushy to the touch. We are worried that it may not be just swollen flesh, but fluid. Is this a possibility? Her eyes seems fine and her energy level is good. She still has an appetite . The area is also bruising a little. Can you advise if we should take her to the hospital or if what is happening sounds normal?
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012