Gonorrhea due to sex. The disease is not cleared as said by the physician. Can it be true?

my husband had affair 18 months ago, and got gonorrhea , he recieved medication , today he went to clinic and they told him he has a mild gonorrhea and did he go back for a follow up when he first got it in 18 months, he said he didnt as he thought the tablets cleared it , he told them he has only has sex with me since the affair, obviously i have gone mad over this and dont believe him but he insists he hasnt has intercourse since only with me . The clinic says he might not have cleared up , is this true
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012