Golf ball sized red lump on wrist having boils and puss. Advise?

My mom have boil on his waist which is very old and kind of deteching from body. llike small goft ball kind of lump on her waist. Its not paining to her but since last 2 days it became red and boils are created on that lump. She feels no pain inside of body area near lump but some pain on lump now. I don't have picture but will provide you if needed in reply to your feedback.
observation golf ball size lump which is in contact with body by 1 % and it was very hard perviously.but now it became red and may got some puss.

Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013

This seems to be a cyst of some kind or a lipoma that has recently got infected. If you can provide a picture that would help in better understanding the condition.

If this is a infected cyst, it would need to be excised. If she also has fever, she may need antibiotics and antipyretics.

Without seeing it directly, its difficult to comment.