Going to have cataracts removed, want to correct distance vision with the new lenses. Inputs ?

I am going to have cataracts removed. I ve been nearsighted all my life and can still take off my glasses to read. I was hoping to correct my distance vision with the new lenses and just get used to having reading glasses handy everywhere, but my doctor thinks that I won t like that and should continue to have distance corrected with glasses and continue to not need them for up close activities since I ve been that way all my life. Any input?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013