Going through perimenopause. Had tubal ligation after child. Getting periods and vaginal itching. Is it normal?

I am 47 years old and going through perimenopause. Had a tubal litigation after having my daughter who is 10. My last menstrual period was January and I recently got another period a few days ago but experienced light vaginal itching about a week before my period (little to no discharge or odor ). Now itching has subsided with the exception of the left side of the labia and now I am having a dull, pulling pain on my left side (what feels like an ovary ). Not sure if this is all perimenopause symptoms or something more serious.
Asked On : Sat, 31 Mar 2012