Going through peri-menopause and have fibroid causes irregular periods. If I quit birth control pills, will I get pregnant?

I am 47 years old, going thru peri-menopause and have a fibroid that is causing me to have very irregular periods. I am scheduled to have a hysterectomy in April, but am considering postponing and trying to shrink the fibroid by taking DIM. Is it possible this will work and how likely would it be that if I quit taking birth control pills that I would become pregnant? Or would the DIM not interfere with that? Thanks, Lisa
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013