Going through menopause, feel exhausted, have low concentration, itchy skin, joint ache, weight gain. Relief measures?

I am 49 next month and think I have now gone through the menopause . I haven t had a period (apart from slight bleeding once) for over a year now. I am now finding that I am exhausted all the time, can t concentrate, can t sleep, my skin itches, my joints ache and I ve put on a lot of weight around my middle. My GP is reluctant to put me on HRT as my BP is slightly high. Is there anything else I can take or do to ease my symptoms? I am unable to exercise much as I have spinal stenosis (I have restricted growth) and am awaiting laminectomy .
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013
Answers:  0 Views:  15 Awaiting Answer