Going through emotional turmoil due to non-supportive family. Ways to strengthen and keep spirits up?

Dear doctor, am a 37 year old single working parent of two daughters of 9 and 5 years age. hail from a very dysfunctional family of abusive mother and non existent father, brothers who have been dependent on me for years. amde one of them study and got him a job etc. when my marriage failed i stayed with them for 6 months and soon realised have no future here, moved to pune with my daughters and by gods grace was able to carve a fresh life and job etc for me n daughters...have requested my parents to stay with me as working and looking after daughters is not my problem is that i cant stand my family...they steal from me especially my mother, totally they depend on me for everything, instead of helping me out, they are becoming a liablity on mother is chronically deprrssed i think coz sh eis hooked oto TV serials big time and she laughs and cries with them..eats n sleeps there infront of TV. if i let them go..i find it difficult to manage things physically, if they are there, i find it very hard to manage things physically. this march on a family holiday, my bro and father beat me up infront of my kids coz they were rude to me and my kids and i wanted to go home..and my bro is also gng through rough marriage coz of his lying cheating ways..and all that frustrations he took it out on me..and am not able to forgive and forget and i dont want to also...that beating publically by the same people i loved and supported fo ryears has taken a big emotional toll on me..and only coz of my daughters am pulling through somehow,,,but finding it very hard day by day to keep my spirits up and its eating me from inside that my own mother and brother can steal from me and do these things for me...when am already dealing wih so much in personal and professional life...want to totally cut them off but coz of kids cant do that as well...pls help to become the strong person that i was. I find myself absolutely alone as have moved cities post separation with very abusive/alcoholoic/ controlling/cheating hubby.. :( Mona.
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012
Thanks for your query. I can understand your emotional turmoil. As you described you indeed belong to a very dysfunctional family setting. You require to meet a psychological counsellor for venting out your thoughts in person. Following this interpersonal or family therapy can be attempted to modify your family roles and improve interpersonal relations. In addition, you require a thorough psychiatric evaluation and may need to be started on anti-depressants and psychotherapy (eg cognitive behavioural therapy) as appropriate. Hope you found the information useful.
Dr Sundar Gnanavel
Psychologist Dr. K. V. Anand's  Response
Dec 2015

Management of stress / separation anxiety/ family problems etc needs careful intervention and monitoring by a qualified Psychologist / Psychotherapist in association with a Psychiatrist.
Your problems seems to be multifold and you need to consult a psychologist immediately.
Happy new year

Dr Anand