Going for robotic laparoscopic surgery for fibroids. Advised to stop birth control pills. Should it be stopped before the surgery?

I will be going in for robotic laproscopic surgery in Sept 2012. I went for 3 different opinions. 1 does open laprarotmy & told me to stop taking my bc pills about a week before surgery as did the 2nd opinion i had with a different dr. The 3rd dr witn whom i have selected to actually do the robotic on both fibroids 9.5 cm & 2.5 cm due to his experience of over 1000 patients has old me it wasnt necessary to stop. A little worried now whether i should just stop on my own- i only take them so I can forcast my cycle since I bleed so much I cant leave the house. Please help!
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012