Glyciphage prescribed for diabetes. What are the side effects? Chances of bladder cancer?

Hello Doctor,
I am 31 year old Indian male, recently diagnosed with Diabetes. My C peptide reading was 1.26 (1.1 to 4 was the normal range) and HbA1C was 9. Initially my doc prescribed me Glyciphage 500 (two daily) with diamicron 500 (1/2) at night. My fasting sugar level was immediately came down to 75 and it is always less that 85. Moreover PP sugar level is also less than 120 most of the time I tested. My doctor decreased my Glyciphage dose to 1/2 and it is in morning only and at night she prescribed me Pioz MF 7.5. I just read about its side effect and quiet worrying about it. Although my doctor said me that it will be good to strengthen pancreas, I am quiet worried for its side effect such as bladded cancer...etc..Could you please suggest me how bad it is continue with this much dose of Pioz MF 7.5.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013