Giving Calpol for fever, still not reducing. Dr suggested Ibugesic and Calpol alternatively. Need another opinion

Hi Doctor

My baby girl is 1.8 year old. She is suffering from fever from two days. We used colpol for 2 days but did not reduce the fever. When we are administering the medicine, it reduces for some time and then comes back. Sometimes it did not reduce at all.

Now, we went to doctor. He suggested IBUGESIC 5 ml. Also he says we can give colpol and this alternatively also.

Wanted to take second opinion here. Grateful if you can give more info.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013