Given norethisterone due to prolonged bleed, experiencing abdomen pains. Asked to stop tablet, bleeding again. How long ?

I was given norethisterone due to a prolonged bleed of 14 days, I had taken the tablet 3 times a day for 5 days when I started experiencing abdomen pains which my doctor thought could be an ovarian cyst and I was advised that if the tablet had stopped the bleed I was to stop taking the tablets. I stopped taking the tablets on Friday and started bleeding again on Saturday, I expected this but the bleed is very heavy and in having to change every hour, sometimes more, how long should i bleed for after the norethisterone?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013