Given nizoral cream for ringworm infection. Reddish spots spreading. Will UV help in curing Pityriasis Rosea?

I think I have Pityriasis Rosea, Doc has given me Nizoral Cream for Tinea/Ringworm, on day 3 of using now and no improvement, red spots still getting larger and spreading. My symptoms are also more consistent with Pityriasis as I started with one 'Herald' Spot and a few days later more spots started to appear. Also my partner has not caught tinea from me and he has been in skin to skin contact with me umpteen times since we first seen the rash. I want to know if UV will help me if it is PR? I am getting married soon and I understand it can take months for PR to go by itself! I have changed my diet to virtually sugar free and I am eating very clean. I haven't really itched much since I have had the rash and I think this may be down to good diet and using soap free shower gel and have good hygiene anyway. Any advice/guidance would be MASSIVELY appreciated. Also would like to know the potential cause? I have been under a fair of stress in recent months...
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013