Given Tofranil to stop bedwetting during childhood. Had seizures after taking the medicines. Termed as childhood epilepsy. Affecting my career. What tests can disprove this?

When I was a boy I used to wet the bed, and my doctor gave me tofranil to try to stop this 4 week after taking these I had a seizure, my mother asked the doctor if it could be the tablets that he had put me on, the doc said no they are safe and don t have side effects, she had her doubts but back then you never questioned a doctors word, but she still stopped me taking them, I then had another seizure so the doctor referred me to the hospital and they put me on epilin 200 for a few years and put this down in my notes as childhood epilepsy and I have just had to deal with it but as life as gone on more applications and things have asked the question about childhood epilepsy like I wanted to fly helicopters and other job application it was when it came to my life insurance that I asked more about it to my mother and looked in to the tablets and the tablets came with a side effects list longer than both my arms and in this list was seizures I have had this round my neck all my life and am now wanting to become a commercial diver but onces again no go because the question as come up I am prepared to take any tests that would prove it was the tablets but more than anything I want my medical history changing I hope someone can take this case on as it as destroyed my life oh and there was never any tests done EEG MRI nothing I have read up on fits as a child and it states that you boys are more likely to have them than girls and can have them when they have a fever chances of having another are 20-30% but this does still mean they are epileptic
Asked On : Tue, 20 Nov 2012