Given Rigevidon, for birth control, suggested to take from first day of menstrual cycle. Does it have any side effect?

Hi there, I have been given Rigevidon by my family plan centre recently. She suggested to start on the first day of my period however i dont want to mess my cycle( i have 28 days cycle ) and want to start last day of my period. would that be ok? I havent been on pills for a long time, but used to use femoden years ago. Also, wanted to know if that will have side effects as putting on weight and mood swings?? I had terrible mood swings and emotionally down when i was on femodon and alos put on weight :( that was the reason i stop using pills for a long time. I wonder if there is another birth control without hormones giving to the body. Many thnaks, Oz
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013