Given Ran-Clarithromycin 250 mgs for sinus/ear infection, heart rhythm went out. Side effect of medicine?

I was given Ran-Clarithromycin 250 mgs for a sinus/ear infection. A few weeks later I was given the same drug for infection but 500 mgs. At the end of 10 days (20 tablets) my heart went out of rhythum for two weeks. Recently, my heart went out of rhythum again (after I saw a cardiologist, ECG and stress test, & he said my heart was ok). I believe it was those antiio-biotics that did it. Is there another name for this medication? Will my heart go in and out of rhythum continuously after this? Thanks for answering my question.
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013