Giddiness, BP fluctuating, transient loss of consciousness, ECG abnormal. Any help with pacemaker?

My husband, Dr.B A Sarkar had a transient loss of consciousness on 25.10.2012 for the first time without any prior indication. He was complaining of giddiness and his B P was fluctuationg for quite some time. We consulted at B M Birla on 7th November. He was advised to get ECG done and Was put on Holters monitoring. E C G worded Abnormal. He was earlier diagnosed as an R B B B case too. He is 81 Years old. Will Pace Maker help him? is it at all necessary? I seek your opinion,
Asked On : Tue, 13 Nov 2012