Getting upper stomach pain. Cured after taking medicine. Pain reoccurs after taking medicine. What could be this?

my wife is experiencing upper stomach pain for the second time in this week.After the first we went to a doc and he prescribed megaldrate simithicone and oxithazine. The pain relieved after six hours. There is no unusual sound of trapped gas in the stomach when it is hit with the finger . The pain again appeared after one week after meals but not heart burn not much of expulsion of gas. It don t relieves by expulsion of gas either. This time it relieved after three hours of taking the above medication .No tests have been done by the doc yet. What it could it be kindly advice. She had earlier experienced mild pains in the stomach which relieved by hot water bags and some home remedies.
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012