Getting tingling sensation at the distal joint. Had a massage. Reason for this pain?

Hi, in my right hand I was massaging the webbing between my thumb and index finger and I thought I was doing trigger points but now i get a tight tingling sensation at the distal joint. There s no swelling and when I push down on my thumb the pain refers either down, to the other side of my hand or to my palm. I was pushing down pretty hard on the webbing. Did I hit a nerve or vein that could cause this pain at all?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013