Getting thick mucus with little blood in throat. Took prilosec. Got diarrhea. What should be done?

Hello. Im 36 years old. In goof shape. Very active. For a long time(4 years) i have had constant mucus and phlegm in back of throat . Mostly the mucus is white. My hacking got so constant that it was getting to be embaressing and annoying. My primary put me on prilosec . Seemed to hell a little but after taking for prolonged period of time it starts to really mess my stomach up. Diarreah/undigested food etc. Just recently i coughed up a small amount of blood. Maybe 4 timez in two days. Then jt stopped and has been the same white mucus. My stools dont not seem as though there is blood present. What should i do? I think an ent makes more sense than a gastro . My email is YYYY@YYYY thank you
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013