Getting sore throat. Taken amoxicillin and steroid. Got a rash on chest and shoulders. Need to take benadryl?

I started getting a sore throat about a week ago which became very severe. I was put on amoxicillin . Then about two days later my sore throat got worse and was so swollen I could barely speak. So I was prescribed a steroid pack. I started that yesterday and continued taking the amoxicillin. Today I have a red rash on my chest and shoulders. I was told to stop the amoxicillin but keep taking the steroids. Does this mean I am allergic to amoxicillin now? And will the rash just go away or do I need to take benadryl as well?
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012