Getting shooting pains in my hands and up my arm. It mainly happens when I am not doing anything.

Getting shooting pains in my hands and up my arm. What can this be and how can I treat this. Hi, I recently have found that. I get a pain mainly in my hand but can shoot up my arm. It mainly happens when I m not doing anything. I work in I.T so sit and type a lot at a computer, however when active during the day I m ok, its mainly when I stop or am lying down does it get really sore . It s feels like my nerves . I m 27 and work at a computer most of the time. I m also a workaholic so am working on my computer pretty much most of the day everyday. Ive never had this problem until the last week. Any ideas on how I can resolve the issue
Asked On : Wed, 23 Feb 2011
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
It appears to be muscular spasm may be due to muscular fatigue as a result of over use and no rest and no exercise. Just massage the area with sesame oil or mahanarayan tail and have some tonic , in ayurveda we use cap. shilajit 1 od for five days.