Getting pain in foot toe. No swelling or red burn. Have diabetes and thyroid. Permanent cure?

Hello Dr., I am a 50 year old lady and i have pain in my left foot toe mould (in the toe next to big toe). There is not swelling or red burn. Normally the pain is low, but suddenly it becomes unbearable. I take pain relief for 2-3 days then it become normal for 2-3 month and the cycle repeats. Medical Background: I have diabetes and thyroid for couple of years but it i take proper control of it. This pain started 1.5 year back. I consulted about this pain with my doctor and he said that it is not because of diabetes and thyroid. He asked me to visit orthopedic doctor. I visited an orthopedic doctor, he asked for an X ray. But he found everything okay. I was given anti-inflammatory and asked to dip my foot in hot water 2 times a day. But no relief. Then i consulted another orthopedic, he also gave pain relief - Cipzen D. This helped in short term but the pain persists. Kindly advice what could be the cause of pain and how it be permanently treated.
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013