Getting pain after nose cauterization surgery and have blurred vision. Any nerve injury?

My 90 yrs old mother had her nose cauterizered due to nose bleeds . It was done in an Emerg. situation as she was brought in from a nursing home. She s quite bright and totally with it. She said that this was the worst pain that she d ever had. She had just had a catarcact removed 3 weeks prior. She now says that her vision is blurred in that I and feels that some nerves may have been affected. Is this possible?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013