Getting over post nasal drip and throat inflammation, pain and discomfort while swallowing. Is allergy the cause ?

I recently have been getting over post nasal drip and some kind of painful throat inflammation due to allergies. It felt like something was stuck in my throat that i couldn't swallow but all the pain and discomfort is gone after a couple days of taking allergy and pain medication. This morning, I woke up noticing red bumps and patches on the roof of my mouth. There's no pain but I am a bit concerned. Would my allergies be the cause of this?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Oct 2013