Getting on and off pain in elbow. Sore to touch, not able to straighten arm. Any ideas?

Hi, I have been having a problem with my elbow , over the last year I have had on and off pain with it, I can t physically straighten my elbow when I compare it to my other arm It is nowhere near as straight, I cannot even push it straight, it is very painful and struggle to pick things up and put any strain on it at all, and is very sore in normal everyday life, as I said it is on and off and sometimes the pain is ok and not a problem but still cannot straighten my arm, any ideas?
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
i think you are having tennis elbow. It is a disease in which elbow movements are painful . I would recommend you to show it a orthopaedic surgeon .Till that time avoid lifting heavy weight . I would also suggest you to take Brufen tablet and hot water fomentation.