Getting old ulcer pains. Advised test for colonic cancer. Any painless way of testing?

just had flu and lost a stone in 7 days(from13stone 10 lbs to12stone 10lbs) now getting old ulcer pains but doctor now wants me to have tests for cancers-colonic and down the throat camera procedures.are there no other less painfull ways of checking for cancers like blood tests.why not try to assess if old duodeanal ulcer has flared up.i shouldv say here i was off my food whilst i had the flu virus.i am now eating normally but dull ache of familiar ulcer pains still persist
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013