Getting leg calf cramps in morning, fainted while urinating following the cramp. What's wrong?

I often get leg- calf cramps in the morning and leap out of bed to stop the pain by pushing against the toes. However this morning I fainted while urinating following the cramp. I was totally out to it, and returned to consciousness after a couple of minutes. This has happened on rare occasions, but it is quite worrying for my wife when it happens. Any answers
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jun 2012
Diabetologist 's  Response
Dear sir

Cramps with episodes of loss of consciousness will occur due to loss or depletionof electrolytes or i4 happens if there is any growth compressing the brain matter

What best you cando is to get serum electrolytes including calcium done. Secondly get CT scan done