Getting irritated eye in blooming season, blurred vision, swollen eye, feels sticky. What could be this?

Hi! Every year around blooming season my mothers eyes get really irritated. Well, 2 other times before this morning, she has woke up with her eyes hurting so bad she can t open them. Her symptoms are blurry vision , hot-needle like sensations in the eyes, watering of the eyes, sensitivity to light, headache , itching of the eyes, swelling under the eye and swelling of her eyelids, she also has discharge coming from her eyes and it s making them feel sticky. I m thinking dry eyes from her allergies set off from the pollen and this season. What do you think this could be? It usually only last 1-3 days this servere. Thank you for your time!
Asked On : Sat, 21 Apr 2012