Getting hiccups while eating, can't swallow, blotted feel, no pain in stomach. Issues?

My husband is 62 yr, 5 11, 170 lb very healthy very active on blood pressure pills rides duel sport bikes across the world been having trouble sometimes more lately when he starts to eat usually one small bite of food all of a sudden he starts hiccuping and products a lot of saliva that he can t swallowing cause he s afraid he will choke this started and stopped lasting only a few minutes but now it will last for close to an hour , he will usually go outside and spit the saliva up and walk around he saids he has no pain his stomach will get hard and be blotted and he feels like he has over ate even thro he has just ate one bite of food we don t eat spicy food and it can be any kind of food he also won t talk during eating and eats slow he has no acid coming up either. Thank you if you can give some info on this cause he won t go to doctor yet about it
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I am sure you husband has an eating disorder or a gastrointestinal disorder that needs to be diagnosed. I suggest that you first visit with your doctor and get a referral to a GI specialist before you visit with a psychiatrist who can help take a complete history if there are no GI conditions and help treat the eating disorder. I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day !