Getting heavy, long and irregular bleeding. Ultrasound shows cyst in ovary and thickened uterine lining. What does this mean?

I HAVE BEEN HAVING SOME BLEEDING ISSUES. HEAVEY PERIODS THAT LAST AT LEAST 7 DAYS AND BLEEDING INBETWEEN CYCLES ALONG WITH DARK BROWNISH DISCHARGE. SO I HAD AN ULTRA SOUND DONE AND THEY FOUND THAT MY UTERUS IS HOMOGENEOUS IN ECHOTEXTURE AND THEY FOUND A LARGE CYST ON LEFT OVARY . I HAVE HAD THE CYST FOR A FEW YEARS BUT IT HAS NOT GONE AWAY AND NOW IT IS LARGER THAN BEFORE THE CYST IS ALSO THICK WALLED WHAT SOES THIS ALL MEAN
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012