Getting gas problem, irritation in throat and difficulty to breath. Should I be worried?

HI Doctor, I had drinks today and had my late dinner heavily. I have acid and gas problem. But around 4:00 AM i got a feeling liquid with irritation in my throat and i couldnt breath. it taste like vomiting . Immidietly i woke up and try to breathe normal. for few minutes it was like a hell. later i stated to breathe normal. But i got a fear that something went to my lungs. but i am breathing normal now. how do i know is something went in to my lungs? I was bit worried regarding this. because one of my friend was recently died having pneumonia fever due to the problem like this.
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013