Getting frequent yeast and fungal infections in vagina after intercourse. Chances of herpes? What are the tests to be done?

Hi. I ve gotten 2 yeast infections in a row shortly after I fooled around with an ex-boyfriend. We didn t have intercourse, but there was definitely genital on genital contact. The first time I had a yeast infection, I went to a doctor who took a swab and confirmed that it was a yeast infection. Second time I went to the do for, was because of a persistent burning itch that came after hiking and horseback riding. The itchy spot turned brown and would sting. The doctor said it was a fungal infection based on a visual inspection and gave me Canesten to treat it. I went the doctor again yesterday because I m beginning to get paranoid that it could be herpes . My ex mentioned that he had had pimples on His penis 5 years ago, but never had it confirmed. When I told my doctor, she inspected my vagina with swabs and Pap smear and said she couldn t see any lesions and can t test. I asked her about herpes select blood test and she said these tests are inconclusive and won t do them. This is wreaking havoc on my mental well being. What can I do at this point?
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  30 Awaiting Answer