Getting frequent headache, painful. What could be reason? Serious?

Good morning doctor,
I have been getting frequents headache in a way like they repeat themselves every thrice or twice a month and lasts for more than 2 or 3 days! They are really painful and sometimes it feels like someone hit me with a strong object! Even after taking pills to cure headache they do not go away. I drink 4 litres of water everyday so i do not think i am having problem regarding dehydration! My middle head pains and along with that the side part also pain badly or sometimes my forehead! What do you think it is? Is it serious?
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013