Getting ear pain, patch on mucous. Is ear pain an indication for Oral cancer? What should i do?

Dear Doctor, I am getting ear pain for 5 minutes to 10 minutes, two to three times in a day. I have ground nut size patch on mucous for the last three months. I was consulted oncologist and He observed the patches said that the patches are due to mucous irritation. I was a ex-smoker. He prescribed an antioxidants and multi minerals for 6 months. I have gone through the documents available in internet and found that the ear pain is an indication for Oral cancer . Ear pain was not present when I met oncologist. Is the ear pain continuous for oral cancer OR presents for some time in a day?
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013