Getting cold and flu symptoms with feeling of something struck in throat. How to get relief?

Hi, im 35 year old female non smoker with no history of bad/serious health issues. Today is the 5th day in a row where approximately 20 minutes after getting up in the morning, I get the feeling that something is stuck in my throat . I have eaten every day something different for breakfast and even gone without breakfast but the feeling comes every day. The feeling has usually gone after 2 hrs and does not reappear until the next day. I have been feeling generally unwell for around 6 days, as if my body is fighting against getting a cold/ flu . Today the feeling is really strong and makes me feel rather sick. The best way I can describe it is that it feels like I have vomited, but that I have then swallowed the vomit and some has got stuck in my throat. My stomach also feels like it has vomit in it. But I have not vomited at all and have not felt like I need to vomit. Do you have any advice? Many thanks in advance!
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013