Getting ceramic braces removed. The distance between upper teeth and lower teeth?

hi, m a 21 yr old guy. I have braces(ceramic) since the last 30 months. My doctor has decided to remove them in month of october, this year. My query is that what should be the distance(gap) between the upper teeth and the lower teeth on closing the mouth. Right now, it looks like that the gap in my case is 3mm. So is this okay for a normal individual or some more work is needed to be done on my teeth??? Please let me know.
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012