Getting anxiety attacks, throat feel tight. Diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. Taking vocal therapy. Treatment?

I have been diagnosed with Parkinson s Disease for almost 2 years now. Lately, I have been experiencing the sensation that I am being choked; my throat feels tight and it feels like food is sticking in my throat. I also have severe choking episodes where I choke and gag and then cough for up to an hour afterward (of course, the cough eases somewhat but the throat is still irritated). What can I do about this? I am taking vocal therapy to keep my vocal cords strong and I have worked with a swallowing specialist but things seem to be getting worse which triggers anxiety attacks which make my Parkinson s symptoms worse. Can you give me any more ideas to help with this? I will see my neurologist soon and will tell her about it but it s hard to deal with right now.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013