Getting angry. Very possessive. Counseling?

hi my name is abi.. i am not able to find what is my problem is. .. i am getting very much angry to my girlfriend. this happens to me alone to her not to others.. to others i am very social . if i feel someone close to me i will become over possessive. i don't know how to overcome this problem..i feel i need some counsel or something like that..
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013
Hi Abin,
Thanks for using healthcare magic.

I have gone through your available history.

Yes, out of possessiveness, we usually become over protective and bit suspicious. Because of this, You get anger whenever she does not follow you.

You should go for counselling and couple therapy which will help you to come out of this.

Psychiatrist Dr. Ashish Mittal's  Response
welcome to Healthcare Magic.

There are following possibilities for your anger and possessiveness:
-Adjustment problem due to interpersonal issues
-Personality issues

Treatment is needed only when problem causes significant personal distress or social/occupational dysfunctions. Get yourself evaluated by psychologist. Counseling or any other form of treatment will depend on evaluation findings.

Wish you all the best.

Dr Ashish Kumar Mittal

Psychologist Dr. K. V. Anand's  Response
Dec 2015

Your problem is definitely possessiveness (with available history you gave).
Anger is the out come of protectiveness.
Anger is bad for body metabolism in any situation.
Need to keep anger away, not anger control, for anger is emotion.
Get to know yourself through a good counselor / psychologist.
Know that you own nothing / nobody in the materiel world (that includes you).
Everything is passe.
Wear sportive and health attitude.
Wish you good future.

General & Family Physician Dr. Saloni Shah's  Response
Hi & thanks for your Q on HCM
I feel you need to see counsellor / do self managed cognitive behavioural therapy ( if you put anger management in search engines ) you will get some idea re what CBT will be appropriate for you.
Relaxation techniques also will help you.
Is there any other stress related symptoms underlying as that also needs addressing
Hope you find this helpful