Getting abdominal pain, cold sweats, feeling dizzy. Started diarrhoea and periods. Is it related to periods?

Today in the morning, I was woken up by sharp, abdominal pain . Thinking it was just number two, I sat on the toilet. Suddenly I started having cold sweats, dizziness , and more intense abdominal pain. The pain was so intense I took a pain killer. Later my urge of number two came back which resulted in diarrhea . Exhausted, i fell asleep for a few hours. The last time I had this episode was two months ago when i had my period. For today, my period has just started. In total, I ve only had these symptoms happen twice. Is there a correlation between my period and these symptoms? Did I just eat something bad (which I highly doubt)?
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012