Getting a smell of metal and difficulty in breathing. Whats wrong with me?

What does it mean when I start smelling a metal like substance through my nose and have difficulty breathing? I seem to get extremely tired and try to breathe through my nose, but all i smell is this horrible metal like substance which causes me to breathe through my mouth but my chest tightens. I seem to be having this problem lately and I would like to know if it is something serious or something that should pass sometime soon?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013