Getting Charlie horse spasms in the left hand, upper lip and eyes. Taking potassium. cure?

I am a 41 year old female, I have been getting what feels like a Charley horse in my left hand about 2x s a day for over two weeks now at the same time this occurs I get a charley horse from my left eye socket down to the left side of my upper lip . I have been on prescription easy absorb potassium daily for awhile now. These are so bad that I hardly can function for about 5 minutes. They make my left hand/fingers curl up into a fist like position and are immovable/pliable during the incident. It is scary especially when I drive, which they have occurred during that. I hate the out of control feeling they cause. Any ideas on what may be causing this would be great! Thanks!
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013
The charlie horse spasms that you are getting could be related to an electrolyte imbalance, thyroid hormone imbalance or a neuropathy. This needs a few blood tests for proper diagnosis and further treatment. Taking only potassium supplements will not help.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,